We are fully committed to our customer’s rights to privacy especially in regard to the upcoming EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which goes into effect May 25. We are completely behind these regulations which hopefully will lead to a more secure and safe Internet. Indie Music Box promises to protect privacy and, as little as possible, not collect and store personally-identifiable information.
Simply put, if data collection is not integral to purchasing our royalty-free music, then we won’t collect it. You can read more about our Terms and Privacy practices if you’d like. We usually collect information when a user signs up for our mailing list or completes a purchase.
Furthermore, below is a list of steps we are taking to be completely compliant. If you would like to see any other changes or notice and problems with our practices, please let us know and we will work to remedy it as soon as possible.
Steps we’ve taken:
- Indie Music Box is protected through SSL encryption and is constantly monitored for security risks and breaches.
- We have limited the information we collect to only be what is necessary to complete payment transactions for our customers.
- We have enabled double-opt in practices for our mailing list in order to ensure no users are accidentally signed up to our mailing list without their permission.
- We have are monitoring any other information that could possibly be collected to make sure it is compliant with GDPR.
- If you would like to know exactly what personal data we have, you may request that information to be provided and we will let you know as soon as possible.
- If you would like your personal data deleted from our records, we will do so promptly. Get in touch with any deletion requests.
- We are providing a list of subprocessors/services that we use on Indie Music Box below:
- Easy Digital Downloads
- In the unlikely event of a breach of data, we will publish an announcement and report the details as soon as possible.
Indie Music Box’ products, licenses, and way of operating will not be affected by the GDPR. We just want to be transparent about our compliance and ensure users that we will take every action to protect and secure their data.
Please get in touch with any questions or concerns.